Sunday 25 March 2012

A Bit Underwhelmed...

I've recently added a classic shade to my nail polish collection, "Turquoise and Caicos" by Essie. I have seen dozens of pictures of this shade and I knew I had to have it. There was a crazy good nail polish sale at Rexall, a Canadian drug store, this weekend, so I just had to pick it up. Even though I painted my nails late Friday night, I just had to put this gorgeous turquoise on my nails right away. When I put the first coat on, it was very sheer. No problem, second coat definitely necessary. Second coat? Still a bit too sheer for me. Even with a third coat, I felt like a fourth coat could have gone on to make it more vibrant. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful colour. Maybe just not the perfect turquoise for me? I am quite bummed because turquoise is one of my favourite colours and this shade just seems to look beautiful in pictures. It's not to say I won't wear it again, because Lord knows I will, I'm just underwhelmed with the colour.
Have you ever been underwhelmed or disappointed with a shade you picked up? I think that this is one of the most bittersweet moments in a nail polish lover/addict/junkie (however you describe yourself)'s life... LUCKILY, there are thousands of other polishes out there to take your mind off the one iffy one and give you the hope to carry on and keep on polishing.

- Hillary
Essie- Turquoise and Caicos
No flash, artificial light

No flash, artificial light



No comments:

Post a Comment